Emergency Lighting Conversions
Re-engineering of mains luminaires for emergency lighting use
P4 can re-engineer most mains luminaires to operate as mains and emergency operation luminaires. You may want to use some of your existing mains lighting luminaires as emergency lights – we have the capability to achieve this with a number of different luminaires and manufacturers.
Operating strictly within the industry recognised best practices set out by the Industry Committee for Emergency Lighting (ICEL), P4 can bring all of the advantages of Fastel technologies into converted mains lighting luminaires. Our conversion process is third party accredited, and in addition to re-UKCA/CE marking converted luminaires, we also provide a warranty for the completed products.
P4 is accredited to carry out the conversion of mains lighting luminaires through the LIAQA Module 6E scheme. The LIAQA Module 6E scheme, is regulated and designed to ensure that organisations accredited under the scheme provide assurance that compliant products are converted using suitable materials and follow industry best practices.
All emergency lighting control gear and batteries fitted to converted luminaires are covered by P4’s industry leading warranty.
A sample of every mains lighting luminaires conversion by P4 is fully tested for compliance to the harmonised European standard for emergency lighting luminaires, BS EN 60598-2-22, including a full heat test and EMC compliance test, before batch production and records are kept of the results obtained and the conversion method. 100% of luminaires converted are tested during production in exactly the same way as purpose-designed emergency lighting luminaires.
Through this process, we are able to re-UKCA/CE mark the converted luminaires, therefore signifying full compliance with applicable UK regulations and European directives.
We have been a leading active ICEL member and have been carrying out conversions on third party luminaires for more than 20 years. All conversions are carried out to the requirements of EN60598-2-22, along with the additional requirements of the LIAQA scheme. All work is controlled by our standard ISO 9001:2000 quality procedures, which have resulted in lower than 1% guarantee claims over a 5 year period.
Fastel emergency lighting conversions mean:
- Customers can choose luminaires and signs from two or more manufacturers, for conversion to incorporate P4 self-testing and wired or wireless monitoring technologies.
- Luminaires of the same designs can be used for both mains and emergency lighting.
- Conversion to emergency operation, of most LED and fluorescent mains lighting luminaires is possible.
- Fastel fully automatic self-testing technology is incorporated as standard.
- Fastel Standalone, Fastel SRM or Fastel Wireless technology can be incorporated as required.
- System compatibility is normally possible even with dimming and presence detection facilities incorporated.
- Certification of compliance with re-engineering of mains luminaires to emergency operation requirements of LIAQA scheme.
- Temperature and EMC type testing of all converted luminaires.
- Full records of conversions retained for future reference.
- All conversions UKCA / CE marked to evidence compliance.
- Warranty transfer to P4 of original luminaire.
- Extended warranty of conversion equipment, including 6-year battery warranty.
- Conversion of mains lighting luminaires to emergency lighting operation in accordance with the requirements of LIAQA.
- Luminaires shall incorporate either a Fastel Standalone, Fastel Wireless or Fastel SRM technology control gear and be correctly rated to operate the luminaire lamp(s) and the resultant emergency lighting luminaires shall comply with the requirements of BSEN 60598-2-22.
- Records of conversion method, together with results of heat testing and EMC testing shall be retained in a technical file for reference.
- The warranty provided for the converted mains lighting luminaires shall be a minimum of one year for the original luminaire, five years for emergency lighting control gear fitted and six years for emergency lighting batteries fitted.
- Compliance with LIAQA Module 6E.
- All luminaire types tested for battery temperature and recorded.
- All luminaire types EMC tested.
- All luminaire types checked and noted for compliance.
- All conversions CE marked.
- All ballasts checked for emergency compatibility.
- All conversions carried out in silicon low smoke and fume cable in compliance with forthcoming legislation.
- All conversions 100% function tested.
- Full warranty of converted luminaire (terms & conditions apply).