One Housing was seeking to replace the existing outdated emergency lighting in their high-rise blocks and community centres, with a requirement for a Self-Testing system that would offer emergency lighting compliance and reduce the burden on the maintenance team. The initial project was carried out in 2017 to demonstrate the benefits of a Fully Automatic Self-Testing and Reporting system. Following the success of the first project, a schedule was put in place to install further emergency lighting during 2017/18.
What we did
- P4 worked in conjunction with a nominated supplier on the PfH framework to deliver bespoke emergency lighting solutions to meet the individual property’s requirements.
- Designed bespoke conversion products to deliver to building requirements.
- Installed P4’s state of the art M-web, a Fully Automatic Addressable Self-Testing Emergency Lighting Monitoring system, with Wireless Communication Technology.
- Provided Wireless enabled emergency luminaires throughout the Core Areas and Stairwells.
- Provided support for One Housing’s pre and post solution implementation plan and the need to continue to provide a safe and disruption free environment for all of their residents.
- To date, P4 has replaced the existing emergency lighting across a number of One Housing properties, substantially reducing maintenance costs thanks to the M-web’s self-testing capability.
- Emergency Lighting status of each building can be remotely accessed using the P4 GSM Unit.
- Fault reports are emailed directly to the maintenance team identifying fault location and type.
- Up to four years of emergency lighting test records are stored, ensuring compliance.
- Market leading six-year warranty for P4 LED luminaires, drivers and batteries.