BSI Kitemark and Emergency Lighting
Our Automatic Monitoring Systems and IoT M-Web controller are now Kitemarked
The BSI Kitemark is recognised the world over as a mark of quality, safety and trust. By becoming Kitemark certified, we are demonstrating our commitment to being the very best in the industry now, and in the future.
Our Fastel Automatic Testing and Monitoring Systems and IoT M-web Controller have been independently verified by impartial third-party testing, in the interests of safety of all users.
What is our commitment?
- Our products have undergone rigorous testing to ensure full compliance.
- Our manufacturing sites and quality plans have undergone comprehensive assessment.
- We will undergo bi-annual manufacturing assessments to ensure continued certification.
- During manufacturing assessments, product samples will be taken for ongoing testing and reviews to confirm continuing compliance with current standards.
What it means for you
- A simple way to choose the right system for your project.
- Absolute confidence that your system will work when you need it.
- Reduced risk to occupants of premises in which Fastel Automatic Testing and Monitoring Systems are installed.
- Offers reassurance of the quality and IoT security of our systems.
The Kitemark for IoT (Internet of Things) devices is designed to address the potential for cyber threats to all internet-enable products. Any connected device has the potential to be exploited by hackers as a way to access personal data and to disrupt or divert services.
The M-Web system has undergone rigorous testing at BSI’s state-of-the-art IoT lab to demonstrate that it is secure, minimising vulnerability to attack and protecting users’ data and privacy. This is an ongoing process and the whole system will be assessed by BSI every six months to ensure it remains secure against any new-found ways of hacking.
Whilst we are proud to have attracted a reputation for quality over the past 30 years, the BSI Kitemark gives our customers the reassurance that the system has been tested by an independent body to check it against the requirements of the relevant standards.
When you choose emergency lighting products that bear the Kitemark, you have the assurance needed that your critical life safety systems will work when you need them and continue to work throughout their long operational life. Looking for the Kitemark helps you reduce your operational risks and takes the guesswork out of selecting the right solution.
You can trust that our system does exactly what it should…and you don’t just have to take our word for it!
We are actively working to extend our certification across the ranges of products that P4 offers.