How It Works
Automatic Self-testing of
Once installed, P4 emergency lighting luminaires, fire safety signs and conversions of mains luminaires will automatically self-test on a regular basis in compliance with BS EN 50172/BS 5266 Part 8 requirements.
In the unlikely event that system communications are interrupted, fittings revert to Fastel Standalone operation, which ensures continuing compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Removing the need for manual testing provides significant cost savings and enables facilities management resources to be more effectively used elsewhere. Payback of the investment is typically achieved within 2-3 years and through life cost is considerably reduced.
For medium or larger premises Fastel Link or Fastel Wireless addressable technologies can provide remote monitoring and control. With internet access, the emergency lighting system can be monitored and administered from anywhere in the world using a laptop, tablet or smart phone. All of our LED products are provided with P4’s unique six-year product and six-year battery warranty.
How It Works
- Standalone fully automatic self-testing emergency lighting in accordance with ATS type PERC classification, as classified by BS EN 62034.
- Luminaires and signs incorporate self-contained emergency lighting operation with built-in standalone self-testing in accordance with ATS type S, as classified by BS EN 62034.
- Luminaires and signs automatically carry out testing in excess of the requirements of BS EN 1838/BS 5266 Part 7.
- A self-testing programme embedded in the microprocessor built into the inverter/driver modules automatically initiates and controls tests of the emergency lighting unit and provides status indication through a single multi-function bi-colour LED indicator.
- A sounder in control modules operates for 10 seconds every hour until the fault is rectified to reinforce fault indication. The sounder may be deleted as an order option.
- Nominal Test Cycle – To ensure that adjacent units do not test simultaneously, all test sequences programmed into the integral microprocessor controllers are randomly set during production to test up to +12 hours from a nominal eight-day cycle
P4’s Fastel Link is a robust, fully addressable self-testing emergency lighting system. The modular system allows for simple expansion or upgrading of the existing lighting network into new areas. New versions of equipment are backward compatible, so there will be no need to replace the existing system when carrying out future works.
- Fastel Link enabled fittings are all connected by a simple wired bus communications network to the M-Web FWSD Central Supervision Unit.
- Up to 63 CB/FWS DUO Collector Boxes can be connected back to the M-Web FWSD by a 2 core Master bus with a nominal 28v d.c.
- Fastel Link compatible fittings are connected to the M-Web FWSD or a CB/FWS DUO using a 2 core Luminaire Bus with a nominal 28v d.c.
- The Master bus and Luminaire bus wiring is not polarity specific and if wired in the recommended cable type, can be run in the general electrical containment systems with a maximum cable run of 2,000 metres.
Fastel Wireless enables fully addressable self-testing emergency lighting to be installed in all types of premises without the need for bus wiring between luminaires. Fastel Wireless systems can connect the full range of interior and exterior self-testing luminaires and signs, using a mesh wireless communication network to ensure secure communications.
Fastel Wireless is an ideal solution for premises and areas where it is difficult to install additional wiring such as:
- heritage buildings
- buildings that are continuously occupied
- buildings where access to install bus wiring is difficult
- buildings or areas with solid ceilings
- buildings or areas that are remote from one another.
It may be more cost effective to install a Fastel Wireless solution rather than adding communications wiring to existing installations. Fastel Wireless supports full integration of wired and wireless communications.
The M-Web FWSD is a central supervision unit with an embedded web server which continuously scans your whole installation. It’s capable of sending control data to connected devices and gathering information about their status.
The CB/FWS DUO Collector Box is an intermediate data relay and collection unit. It exchanges data with an M-WEB FWSD.
The RPT/FWS Repeater Unit allows secure communication and expansion of the M-Web FWSD. It’s able to communicate with up to 15 Fastel Wireless equipped emergency luminaires or signs.
The EAS module allows alarms from static inverters and central battery systems to be monitored within your Fastel system.
The GSM router is a dual SIM 3G/4G/LTE router, designed with a metal housing for use in a wide range of site-based applications. Offering primary WAN or 3G/LTE failover to fixed line connections. Its small size is ideal for remote monitoring and control.
The new M-WEB Integration Module (MIM) Central Supervision Unit, complete with OLED screen display.
Our Automatic Monitoring Systems are Kitemarked
Our Fastel Automatic Test and Monitoring Systems have been independently verified by impartial third-party testing, in the interests of safety of all users.
The BSI Kitemark is recognised the world over as a mark of quality, safety and trust. By becoming Kitemark certified, we are demonstrating our commitment to being the very best in the industry now, and in the future. When you choose emergency lighting products that bear the Kitemark, you have the assurance that your critical life safety systems will work when you need them, and continue to work throughout their long operational life. Looking for the Kitemark helps you reduce your operational risks and takes the guesswork out of selecting the right solution.
ICEL Endorsement for the M-Web FWSD,
CB/FWS DUO, RPT/FWS and GSM units
Developed by the Lighting Industry Association and the Industry Committee for Emergency Lighting, the ICEL Endorsement Scheme assesses and endorses products used in emergency lighting applications, where a harmonised safety standard exists. The scheme aims to promote safe products in the emergency lighting industry and maintain the core values of safety for ICEL Emergency Lighting products. Our products will be subject to ongoing annual assessment to ensure they continue to meet the requirements.